We take people's passion and drive and turn them into a successful and fulfilling career. We encourage employees to collaborate with the public, volunteer in the community, and to use technology to advance the organization. These are just some of the many ways we continue to inspire and work together to serve the community and each other.
We are a diverse group of individuals working together to achieve the similar goals. We listen to our employees and value their input and ideas. We provide opportunities for development and growth through a variety of programs, including training classes, development programs, assistance obtaining certifications, and a strong culture of promotion from within. Employees are our biggest asset!
We provide excellent benefit packages, retirement options paid leave, tuition reimbursement, wellness opportunities, appreciation days, and an employee health clinic. Taking care of our employees is very important to us.
We Are Denton
The City of Denton was recently listed Number 2 among U.S. cities for economic and population growth. Denton was also at the top of the list for population change, low unemployment, and growth in business. As Denton continues to grow, the City of Denton must continue to grow to support the community's needs, which means opportunity for you.
- Integrity: Making sure that with every decision we make, our actions match our values.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Ensuring that people can trust that we use public funds conscientiously, with the community's best interest in mind.
- Inclusion: Creating a culture where all people feel a sense of belonging and support by respecting and valuing each other and our differences.
- Transparency: Building an environment of trust by interacting with others honestly as well as collecting and sharing clear and concise information.
- Outstanding Customer Service: Employing a holistic approach to problem-solving and providing responsive service that goes above and beyond expectations.
We Are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the City of Denton to afford equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability status, national origin, or any protected classification under Federal or state law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. The City of Denton makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. For more information, read through our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy (PDF).
Applicants with disabilities may contact the City of Denton Human Resources to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.