Customers who will be impacted by planned outages due to construction or routine maintenance will receive advanced notification through a mailed letter. Additionally, if the planned outage will impact a large area, the City will also notify residents through social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, and Nextdoor.
Call 940-349-7000 if you are reporting a utilities-related incident that requires immediate attention, such as:
- A power outage
- Downed electrical poles or wires
- A water main break
- A clogged or overflowing sewer main
- A leaking water meter or hydrant
To report a Denton Municipal Electric (DME) power outage, call Dispatch at 940-349-7000.
Where to Find Power Outage Information & Updates
- View the Power Outage Map on this page, or visit the GIS Power Outage Map page to view it in a new window
- Power outage information is also posted on the Denton Municipal Electric Twitter page
- Text Alerts: DME customers can receive text alerts in the event of an power outage; to receive these alerts, please call Customer Service at 940-349-8700 to sign up
- In the event of large or long-lasting outages, the City will also post updates on social media such as Twitter and the City of Denton Facebook and Nextdoor accounts
Call 940-349-7000 if you are reporting a utilities-related incident that requires immediate attention, such as a water main break, a clogged or overflowing sewer main, or a leaking water meter or hydrant.
Where to Find Water Outage Information & Updates
- City of Denton Twitter account: Water outage announcements and updates are provided in real time on Twitter. You do not need a twitter account to view these updates.
- NextDoor: Water outage notices are posted on the City of Denton NextDoor account.
- Automated Phone Calls: The city will issue alerts through automated phone calls that provide notice that there is an outage and direct customers to sources for additional information.
- Alert Denton: In the event of large or long-lasting outages, the City may also send text and email alerts through the Alert Denton emergency notification system. Register for Alert Denton.