After School Childcare
After School Childcare (Kindergarten through 5th grade)
We will resume next school year (2021 to 2022). Thanks for your patience and understanding. For more information, call 940-349-8730.
Denton Parks and Rec offers affordable after school care with extended hours. Each day of school, students are picked up from school and transported to one of our recreation centers for an array of activities and tutorial time. All drivers are City employees and have completed a training course in defensive driving.
We offer a variety of activities including snack time, homework time, crafts, games, intramural leagues, and more.
- Dates are to be determined
- Every school day from 3 to 6:30 pm
- Monthly fee is $165
Transportation is provided to the following recreation centers from the schools listed below. Students must be picked up by 6:30 pm from the corresponding center.
After School Action Sites (ASAS)
- Denia Rec Center: Borman, Houston, LA Nelson, McNair, Ryan, Denton Classical
- MLK Jr. Rec Center: Hodge, Alexander, Pecan Creek, Rivera, Stephens
- North Lakes Rec Center: Evers, Ginnings, Rayzor, Wilson
Kids' and Teens' Day Off - Denton Independent School District (DISD) In-Service & Holidays
These will resume next school year (2021 to 2022). Thank you for your patience!
Whether it's a holiday, winter break, or teacher work day, we've got you covered! We jam-pack each day with physical activity, creativity, and play through a variety of fun, enriching activities and field trips.
Kids must be dropped of by 9 am each day and need to pack drinks, snacks, and a lunch. The fee includes all activities, field trips, and transportation. Preregistration is required two days prior to each date to avoid cancellations due to a lack of minimum enrollment. Register online.
- $30 per student, per day at Denton Civic Center
- Field trip fees are included in the fee
- 7 am drop-off and 6 pm pick-up