Activities & Programs
Explore our Publications
The magazines linked below will open on another screen and are linked for easy navigation! Explore everything we offer.
- How do I register?
We provide three different ways to register for your convenience:
- Register online via Rec1
- In person at any rec center
- By calling 940-349-7275
Child care related programs may require in-person registration.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
- Am I required to have a rec pass to participate in a fee-based recreational program or activity?
Rec passes are not required for fee-based activities, programs, or events. Some rec center activities are offered free with a rec pass.
- How can I get the resident discounted fee?
You are considered a resident if you pay City of Denton property taxes and are eligible to pay the discounted resident rate. Nonresident fees may apply.
- What is the registration deadline?
We asked that participants register at least one week prior to a start date unless specifically note in an activity or program description. Staff reserve the ability to cancel any activity, class, program, and/or event that don’t meet minimum registration.
- Can I purchase a membership to all three aquatic facilities?
Yes, we offer an individual All Access Annual Pass at a discounted resident rate of $150 per person. The nonresident rate is $155. We also offer an additional discounted rate for the purchase of four or more at $120 per resident and $125 for nonresidents. Four or more passes must be purchased in the same transaction.
- When does Water Works Park open?
The preview weekend will be May 22 to 23 from noon to 6 pm. The park will then open daily on May 29.
- Is Denton Natatorium (NAT) a public pool?
Yes, the NAT is a public pool that operates under a joint-use facility agreement with Denton Independent School District (DISD), therefore making the NAT accessible to DISD for swim meets, practices, and water polo matches.
- Can I bring my own blow up floats to the pools?
No, the only flotation devices permitted are U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets and puddle jumpers.
- Is there a sprayground/splashpad in Denton?
Yes. Denton Parks and Recreation maintains the sprayground at Carl Gene Young, Jr. park.